Young children learn to identify farm animals and some significant, fun and entertaining facts about each one as they help Farmer Daisy feed all the animals on her farm. Wonderful full-color pictures, and a bonus word search puzzle at the end.
The child accompanies the farmer on her daily chore of feeding the animals. Through a question-and-answer picture format, the child “helps” Farmer Daisy give each type of food to the correct animal. Word search puzzle included.
Supports common core standards by encouraging the child to:
– Ask and answer questions in order to seek help, get information, or clarify something that is not understood.
– Describe familiar people, places, and things and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
– Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
– Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
– Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
– Develop strong comprehension and vocabulary skills by listening to and reading stories and informational texts about animals, people, places.