The child accompanies the farmer on her daily chore of feeding the animals. Through a question-and-answer picture format, the child “helps” Farmer Daisy give each type of food to the correct animal. Word search puzzle included.
Supports common core standards by encouraging the child to:
– Ask and answer questions in order to seek help, get information, or clarify something that is not understood.
– Describe familiar people, places, and things and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
– Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
– Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
– Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
– Develop strong comprehension and vocabulary skills by listening to and reading stories and informational texts about animals, people, places.